*** 20th Anniversary: 2003 to 2023 ***
global warming strategies
Strategies for managing global warming
Barry's Response - This is a well-known image, Gunjar, but quite relevant. It shows the center of the global warming reduction theme being a system of Carbon Taxes, which may or may not achieve their purpose. Close to that idea is substituting income taxes with green and polluter taxes, making sure that everyone is required to adhere to the system, including those individuals and industries who may feel privileged because their operations existed before the new legislation at hand (that's what grandfathering means).
Other tactics, placed on the periphery of the diagram, include:
- keeping the energy distribution system up to date,
- keeping excises and subsidies fair and pro-environmentally oriented,
- giving preferential treatment, financially speaking, to those who purchase fuel efficient household items including cars,
- providing incentives for homeowners to make their palaces as efficient as practicable,
- further increase the availability and use of alternative sources of energy, and discouraging energy providers from profiting proportionally to GHG emissions.
The diagram provides a quick look at the big picture
for designing and implementing policies to guide consumer and industrial practices in order while preserving the environment.
Anyway, good infographic and thank you for sending it my way. I notice it does NOT imply a population cull (see below).Search
this site for more information now.
ADD TO OTHER SOCIAL BOOKMARKS: Del.icio.us DiggSpurl