What's in the air?
All kinds of stuff.
Let’s see what we can find.
Air - It's Above us and Around us! An essential and beautiful composite of gases and empty space, interspersed with awe-inspiring storms, dust clouds and other stuff. Look up way, way up. What do you see?
Surprise! It's our atmosphere. Earth is covered with it. Miles deep in it. It's an essential part of our environment. We're at the bottom of a light ocean.
Have a look at this handy physical description found on the web:
What will you find here? All kinds of things…starting with
For an introduction to the complex subjects of meteorology and air quality, scan the tabs on your left or the detailed lists of topics below.
out how our atmosphere is far more dynamic and substantial than most
people think. That's because it has all kinds intriguing phenomena.
Here, you can catch a glimpse of blue sky, lightning, sunbeams, a cloud or two, perhaps
stretching downward towards earth, and even a trail of smoke or many
colors. Invisible currents. It's all magnificent.
find something more threatening, or completely unfamiliar...
I do not
mean UFO's here but interesting stuff anyway. Here's your chance to
learn a bit of the science behind weather, geography, the meteorological theory. And the technology too. What kinds of miracles does Nature have for us?
All the things you can see, how about Teddy Bears?
Not too often...
It's all good...It's all natural. Or is it? This website also shows you things we don't want.
What will you find here? Check this extended list of options.
Bad stuff indeed. You might define air pollution as the blending of foreign matter such as gases or particles into the air so that it harms the earth's surface, water and living things. Sometimes we see fire, smoke and flames...
Sometimes we see traffic and industrial smog and we even detect odours. We worry about
long-term effects such as climate change, ozone depletion, air quality and global warming.
Search for more good stuff.
There's hope, though...We also talk about solutions. We can explore jobs and careers in environmental sciences. Let's have some fun, too: tell a few jokes, play a game or two and try some activities. The list below and the fourth & fifth buttons on the left give you a variety of options to explore. Have fun.
Check out these descriptions behind this
Stuff in the air......The Science of Meteorology - Online
These pages give scientific explanations about weather:
About Radar Images
Radar Antenna and equipment
Physics of Radar Waves
National Radar Problems
NOAA and GEOS Satellite Weather
Satellite Photo Resolution
Wavelengths used in Weather Satellite Pictures
Multi color Satellite photos
Surface Weather Analysis Maps
Isobars and Atmospheric Pressure Science
Meteorology Terms and Physics Equations
Upper Atmosphere Levels
Upper Ridges and Troughs
Upper Atmospheric Currents
Deformation and Stretching
How do Barometers work
Thermometers and Temperature Conversions
Hygrometers – Humidity Meters
Weather Vanes and Anemometers – Wind Speed Instruments
Rain Gauge Info
The problem of Global Warming
Effects of Global Warming
These pages have wallpaper and links to atmosphere pictures:
More Snow Scenery
Pictures of Global Warming
Pics of Water Pollution
Pictures of Storms
These pages describe types of environmental consulting jobs and services available:
Atmospheric Pollution Science
Testing The Quality of our atmosphere
Dispersion Modelling Jobs
Environmental Consulting Services
- Energy Clients
- Metal and Mining Clients
- Site Assessment Services
- Pollution and Risk Assessment Services
- Environmental Management Services
- Soil Science
These pages give opportunities to subscribe to my newsletter, Blowin' in the wind:
Science Current Events
Environmental Issue Articles
Descriptions of some of the Stuff in the Air website pages appear below. Check it out.
- Stuff in the Air Blog
- Stay on top of weather issues. Keep abreast of changes to Stuff in the Air with this air blog. Here you will find the most recent developments about The Science of Meteorology Online.
- Sitemap: I will help YOU find it on Stuff in the Air
- Need to navigate your way around the Stuff in the Air website? This sitemap should help you find things you want.
- Search Engines for Weather - Find what You Need?
- Tips for using search engines for weather. Search for stuff in the air.
- Air Quality Modelling for your Facility
- Air Quality Modelling for industrial sources in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Air Quality Testers: Does Your Region need Air Quality Specialists?
- What do air quality testers do? How do they do it?
- Weather Equipment - Which Instruments have YOU seen?
- Brief descriptions of weather equipment and instruments used in weather stations? Weather station equipment for a variety of purposes..
- Forecast Map Weather | How do You Use a Map to Forecast Weather?
- What good are those complicated weather maps? Introduction to the forecast map weather professionals look at to prepare your local weather forecast.
- Chasing Storms | Can you do it on a map?
- Use an upper air map to help you when chasing storms. How to figure out where storms will likely occur. Find calm areas, trouble spots, and analyze the flow.
- Image Satellite Weather - Do you Understand what you See?
- In your broadcast image satellite weather photos, air maps and animations offer better pictures.
- Radar Real Time Weather - What's Happening in YOUR Region?
- If you look on the radar real time weather shows up for immediate or emergency forecasting. See what's in the the air right now.
- Weather Canada - More Variety than YOU Might Think
- About the weather Canada gets. Find Canadian forecasts, recent observations and news.
- Snow Wallpaper - Find Perfect Snow Photos for your needs
- Snow storm photos, amazing winter weather pictures and snow wallpaper to see and copy. See some white air.
- Solution Global Warming - Can YOU Live with This One?
- Proposed solution global warming problem, Kyoto and air greenhouse gas reduction. How has that been working?
- China Air Pollution | Wouldn't you Know it?
- Let me tell you about China Air Pollution. It's not pretty, but it's not hopeless either.
- Environmental Health and Safety Jobs: Find a good one
- Find environmental health and safety jobs in air quality. Check for regulatory, engineering and scientific jobs as well.
- Weather Man | Do YOU Need One of These?
- The air specialist. The weather man. The Science of Meteorology Online.
ADD TO OTHER SOCIAL BOOKMARKS: Del.icio.us DiggSpurl